Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Camping Trip

Last Thursday, our family headed west for our annual camping trip with our friends. We decided not to actually tent it this time because of our sweet little addition. We rented cabins at Lafayette Blue Spring State Park. We didn't know what to expect when we arrived, but we were pleasantly surprised. The cabins were nice and spacious with air conditioning (which was definitely needed as it was smokin' hot) and a fully equipped kitchen. So to say that we were "camping" would not be totally accurate.

The kids had a blast and we had a very relaxing time. There was no TV or internet. We hiked, swam, fished, played poker, ate s'mores, smoked pipes and enjoyed spending time together. I really loved spending time with Anna Grace. There was nothing pressing for me to do after I nursed her. I could take my sweet ole time with her. She is such a gift to our family. We are enjoying her so much. Here are some pictures of our time, in no particular order.
a drive thru convenience store...the kids each ordered a soda
it's the little things

"real Florida"
Cypress stumps almost as tall as Julianna




Anna Grace loves the sling, so just falls asleep

Asher and his buddy



my man chillin'

Julianna hanging behind

Anna Grace laughing for Caryn

the things I can get accomplished slinging my babe!


2 comments:

Jon and Kel said...

Looks like fun! Especially the drive-thru convenience... great way to get my coke fix. I love the pics of natural Florida--you don't see that too often!

Unknown said...

I like Cor boy's shirt! :)