Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Mom/Oma…a wonderful lady!


Last week I was sorting through Asher's desk cleaning out all last years school books. I came across this wonderful pile of special birthday cards from Oma. He loves them and will keep them forever. It reminded me of all the beautiful notes that I received from her as a child. Often on the day she was cleaning my bedroom there would be a note on my pillow. Always encouraging me in the Lord, or thanking me for doing something to help her. And always, always telling me she loved me. I still have all of them. In a precious box labelled notes from Mom. She still sends the most beautiful birthday cards. Another very sweet thing she does is write a thank you note after every visit. How thoughtful is that? I think the most difficult thank you note from her was her first visit without Dad. I remember vividly reading it and crying that it just said, "love Mom". Thankfully her first visit without Dad was also a visit to welcome Julianna. Sadness and joy. We love having her over and we love how she loves our kids.

some of the thank you notes
Asher's cards
Anna Grace's very precious birthday card.
She walks around with this card at least once a week saying, "my card from Oma, I love her!"
"Her children rise up, and call her blest" Prov 31:28
She is blest and we are blest because of her!

4 comments:

Lucy van Eyk said...

Marlene, what a sweet blog! She is a great mother-in-law too! You forgot to mention that the birthday cards are written with extra care as she writes each word in a different colour!

Marlene said...

Yes, I think Arianna was a little disappointed that her last card wasn't color coded.
She is a great MIL- Cor loves her too!

Stephanie van Eyk said...

This is such a sweet post. What a wonderful woman she is!!!

Contact hotmail customer service said...

Nice picture!