Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Among the Snakes?

Yes, with the snakes. They are around, poisonous ones too. Not a concern when we lived in Canada but a real concern here. We found a pygmy rattlesnake in our garage! Whenever the kids go outside to explore the woods, or build their fort, my mind sees snakes and my soul reminds me of the providence of God. I always remind them to keep an eye out for them though. They don't seem too concerned (actually not at all concerned) and they have so much fun playing so... outside in the woods they eat their lunch and play.

eating lunch outside yesterday, the last warm day? Almost 80 yesterday, today its 50!
Nasty, I guess we didn't move 'south' enough


the fort now has a roof, our Christmas tree and a neighbor's tree

they have chairs in there and everyday more household stuff gets added

4 comments:

Mel said...

Snakes!! Yikes. That is no good. I'm comforted by God's providence every time I realize I married a crazy Vandyk! :O) I love the first pic of the kids eating.

Anonymous said...

haha good post, snakes wont hurt ya, unless you make em mad or something. They should be fine tho...tell the kids that i think their fort rocks! lol later,

...Re

Anonymous said...

better outside than in the house somewhere so that you trip on it all the time... have you suggested putting it up in a tree? Just a thought! I'd love to hear about Asher climbing trees ;))

Kelley

Jon and Kel said...

Your fort looks like fun! I wish we could come and play in it with you!

Hannah