Monday, July 30, 2007

The finished product

We came home from our vacation on Thursday evening to a pool that was completed! We wasted no time to enjoy it and have been since. The first pool party was Friday with Bernie & Patricia and their kids. Julianna doesn't want any other clothes on besides her swimsuit, and Arianna and Asher are very eager to help me around the house so we can spend the rest of our time in the water. Oh the lazy days of summer...school starts soon here though. I wanted to start Aug. 1st but it looks like next Monday will be the first day of school.






8 comments:

Asher said...

aunt marlene - check your facebook for the dates I want to come and visit! I'll try to give you a call later this week - tomorrow work?

the van Eyks said...

Hey Marlene, that is beautiful.

By the way, could you please send the pictures of Joshua?

Thanks.

Mel said...

Looks amazing!!! I bet it won't take much to get your kids motivated to complete their school work. I can't believe you have to start already. How long will you have nice swimming weather?

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

That is a gorgeous pool!!! I am going to imagine having that in my backyard and the kids helping around the house ;o)

Jon and Kel said...

WOW! I'm making plans for our next visit already! Love the border on the deck.

jono says, "are those real dolphins"?

Anonymous said...

hi y'all
so good to see you all again. I finally got caught up with checking out some blogs. Glad you had a great time on vacation, and in your pool. Cant wait to try it out! Papa and I will be leaving in a half hour for England.

Love you all,
Hugs and kisses,
Nana

Lori said...

Hey Marlene,

Your pool is so beautiful!! I bet you'll have many, many years of enjoyment!! Have a great summer...what's left of it :(...still enough time to entertain friends poolside I'm sure! ENJOY!!

Lynnette Feijer said...

I must say...the pool look's awesome!
Joel and Cor looking alike...thats what alot of ppl at my church (who knew Cor) tell me! I'm looking forward to meeting you, Cor and the kids sometime! (And "yes! :)" I do know that Van Dyk's don't keep their hair LOL...but they do keep their good looks LOL!!)
Lynnette :)