Saturday, July 28, 2007

Our Vacation in Flat Rock, NC


My family ( 4 of my siblings) and their families all meet at Bonclarken, the ARP (Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church) facilities for the Family Bible Conference. This was our first time attending, and we really had a great time. The kids had attended kids programs in the morning and evening while we attended the speeches. It was an edifying and enjoyable week. The kids - that would be 21 of them had an absolute blast! I think our family took over the grounds actually, there were a few other families, but mostly seniors. We had a few complaints but none that a red solo cup couldn't fix! I took one picture with Asher on it and don't have any pictures of Arianna- because I rarely saw her!


my wonderful man with Asher & Julianna

Uncle Cor having a great time with the young ladies

The next few pictures are of the 'Pampered Pole', the kids had to climb up this pole, stand up on the top and jump to the hanging bar. Once you started climbing there was no turning back, you HAD to jump. Here are the brave souls. Oh, they were wearing a harness attached to a bungee cord. It was nerve wracking to watch them. (sorry guys I couldn't post everyone doing this)

Joshua being very brave

he made it

Jenna freaking out

screaming loudly....

...and jumping no where close to the bar

even the old guys tried it...Arie & Bernie

Julianna is such a mama's girl that everyone is very proud when she actually gives them a second look.

Stephanie & Julianna

Aunt Wilma & Julianna

Andrea & Julianna

overlooking the lake
( the one that you may not swim in!)

5 comments:

Andrea van Eyk said...

Thats ALOT of blonde's!! Wow, i feel kinda out of place, Caleb, Missy and I :-) Miss ya'll!
...Andrea

Marlene said...

don't forget Cor...the hair he has is dark!

Jon and Kel said...

what a happy bunch of people! (and I do mean BUNCH!)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! that pamper pole was soooo scary.... I guess you can kinda tell by my face! lol. I had so much fun with y'all...I can't wait to see y'all in Oct. and then hopefully that pool will be done!

...Jenna

Marlene said...

the pool is done!