Monday, October 01, 2007

The best day is Library Day!


A book is good company.
It is full of conversation without loquacity.
It comes to your longing with full instruction,
but pursues you never.
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~

Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky.
My pile of books
Are a mile high.
How I love them!
How I need them!
I'll have a long beard
By the time I read them.
~ Arnold Lobel ~




Teaching reading IS rocket science.~ Louisa Moats ~

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go.~ Dr. Seuss, ""I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!" ~

Oh, magic hour, when a child first knows she can read printed words! ~ A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, 1943~

2 comments:

Mel said...

Arianna, I love Romona books! Have fun!
Marlene, I just read an awesome book called Gilead. It's a must read. Christian but published by Harper and Collins!

Jon and Kel said...

looks like a great way to spend the day.